BALANCING
When we decided to buy the coffee house I was concerned about how I would do all that needed to be done while maintaining my full-time mom status. I'm happy to say that with a little creativity and a lot of balance it is possible to do it...dare I say...all. For example:
Tuesday is my shopping day for the restaurant. I go to Cash and Carry, Costco (sometimes) and Marsee baking. I've got it down to a three hour trip. Usually it's just Jaxon and I - I consider this his "pre-school" because he learns a lot on the way. He knows all the names of the rivers we pass, the bridges, the cities. He knows how to run the scanner gun at Cash and Carry (they let him scan the items) and he helps deliver and load pastries into the van. We also chat about all the things that go on at the airport and sometimes, if time allows, we stop and watch planes take off and land.
Riley was not feeling well today. BIG cog in the Tuesday plans - more creativity needed. So, I timed her Motrin dose to start working just about the time we were leaving, giving me my three-hour window of opportunity to get my shopping done while she was perky and well. Phew! Thankfully it worked.
My hope through this adventure is that my kids will learn the value of hard work, that it will ignite their entrepreneurial spirit, that my daughter will find value in being a mom first, and that it will be a unique bookmark in our family history.
2 comments:
You are an awesome Mom, a great business woman, and a loving, Godly wife. Our kids will grow up to cherish the fact that you were a SAHM. Our employees will never experience another workplace like the one you provide, and I could never have imagined that a wife could be what you are to me.
Now if you could just get the kids to fold and put away the laundry, load and unload the dishwasher, clean their rooms, get along with each other, and look for ways to bless us as parents we'd be good. Heck, if you could get me to do those things we'd be good.
Love ya!
WOW! I love reading your stories, you now have a gift in story telling. Heck we will never see you again with all the great gifts you got going on. Nonetheless, we are thinking of you often.
Post a Comment