Sep 21, 2007

Life Stinks!

I have a love/hate relationship with sleep. I LOVE it but hate that I HAVE to do it. Think of all the things that could get done in that time! This is particularly relevant as I look at my disaster of a living room/kitchen...so much to do, so little time. I had great notions of painting, tiling, new fireplace surround, new lighting, new counter tops...then we bought the coffee house and all work ceased. I am crazed by the mess. I think it has actually made me less productive in general. Why clean the rest of the house when the main living areas are such a mess. Yeah, that's it!

Our house has been a den of disgusting liquid mess this week. Riley was puke sick Monday and Tuesday, it was a lovely mixture of steak, cornbread and milk, Jaxon was puke sick last night, it was an aromatic blend of some sort of cheese product and Gatorade, and today, Fisher came home from school early complaining that his stomach hurt. Jason has been sick all week...So my days have been filled with regurgitated food, snot, hand sanitizer, Lysol, sheet washing, sheet washing, sheet washing, etc. The bright side...I'm thankful that I have a husband that will help clean puke...not without complaints but you can't have everything. Then, one of my boys, peed all over the side of the toilet and onto the floor (likely during the night when they were half asleep) of course I didn't discover it right away and it smelled something like a cross between balsamic vinegar and skunk. Bottom line, life stinks this week, literally not metaphorically.

No comments: