Oct 14, 2007


Fall

Top 10 Reasons I love Fall:

1. Sweaters
2. I can have my fireplace on all day
3. Warm drinks
4. Cool room, warm bed
5. Cool, sunny days
6. Cute fall crafts my kids make at school
7. Pumpkins
8. Snuggling with a blanket
9. Comfort food...soup, mac and cheese, sweet potatoes, anything cooked in a crock pot
10. Boots

It's been a big week at the Nuss house. Jaxon tripped in his room and landed eye first onto his wooden bunk bed. His eye instantly swelled shut and looked like a make up job from a Hollywood horror movie set. Poor kid....not the first...won't be the last Lord help us all.

Papa Del, Jennifer and Grandma Betty came up for the weekend so I spent much of the week obsessing about getting the house in order...I am in serious need of professional help! They got to see Fisher's football game, then we met up with Mark, Tiaya and Jack to head out to the pumpkin patch.

We went to the Roloff family farm...they are the family featured on the TLC show "Little People, Big World" and they have a farm in Hillsboro. Tiaya and I are big fans of the show so it was fun to get to be "groupies" for the day.
They were filming while we were there so we had to sign releases in case we are in any of the shots. We got to meet Amy (little mama I like to call her) and she was so gracious. Jaxon has never seen a little person before and he kept saying "she's funny mom" then he asked Amy "how old are you?" Her response was great "I'm older than your Mom." To which Jaxon replied "my Mom is 18" that's my boy! She asked Jax for a hug and he just about knocked her over with this huge bear hug. I was thinking to myself; I can see it now, 'Next on TLC, pumpkin patch patron attacks Mrs. Roloff' Luckily she was sturdy on her feet and gave him a big squeeze in return. Later he said "She's nice Mom, that funny lady is nice." It must be interesting from a kiddo's view to see an adult that is about the same height as them. He was really trying to figure that one out!

Can I just say how inspired I am by the Roloff family. They are living proof that anything is possible if you have a can-do attitude, love and family. They work hard and instill the value of hard work in their children. I'm sure their kids will look back some day and be so thankful to be part of such a special family. No excuses...that is my new motto in life.

Riley got to have a sleepover at Nana Marilyn's on Friday night. I am so happy for her to have those fun memories. Nanas house is Disneyland to our kids. Whew! I think that's it. We really did have a whirlwind weekend but I'm thankful for the time with family. Check out our pumpkins at the pumpkin patch...

















No comments: