Sep 14, 2007

Unexpected Romance

When you have been married 13 years romantic gestures can take all shapes. For example, my husband bought me deodorant the other night...Not your typical flowers and jewelery but just as romantic. He noticed I was out (because I was using his) went to Freddy's and after smelling two dozen kinds decided that the one with cocoa butter and the one with spun silk were the best. He bought me two new sticks. That my friends is romantic!

I have to capture my darling Jaxon's prayer each night so I don't forget it as he gets bigger. Every night he prays a version of this: "Jesus thank you for mommy and daddy and Fisher and Riley and Bogie and keep my friends safe and help me not to hit someone or kick someone in the privates or hit someone in the head, AMEN. I can see why he prays to keep his friends safe!!! LOL. I love that my kids take time each night to tell Jesus what they are thankful for. Gratitude is the one way street to true contentment.

No comments: