We just got back from our 3rd Annual Sunriver trip with our friends the Hayworths. I've know Roger since I was in second grade and DeAnna since high school. They have two boys; Andrew is 11 and Bryce is 9 which is great for Fisher and Jaxon but Riley is a bit out-numbered. They are that rare type of friend who we can do just about anything with, including vacation, and there is never an awkward moment. We just seem to pick right up where we left off. Nice. We had a great time as usual. Highlights included Boggle until 3am (yep, I'm a nerd), Mavericks at Sunriver (Hi Jerry and Shelby - nice place!), hiking along the Deschutes, and of course Goody's coffee ice cream.
Oh, speaking of coffee, I had the worst americano EVER in Sunriver. I won't mention the place because that would be unkind but I actually had to throw away my entire drink. The beans tasted like they were un-roasted. That is a first for me. I did end up finding a drive-thru that had decent espresso so all was not lost. I'm amazed at how hard it is to find decent coffee outside the boundaries of a major city. C'mon small town folk, it doesn't cost more to buy quality beans...and I should know!
One of our traditions is heading to the Buffalo Gals store in the Sunriver mall. The boys always buy a wooden, hand-crafted rifle, shotgun or pistol and then play like boys do for the duration of the trip. This year was no exception and fun was had by all! Next year we are planning to spend a day training with an Iditarod team up at Bachelor...can't wait!





No comments:
Post a Comment