AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN OF EVENTS
I am in total awe! The meds (Sinemet) we started Riley on last week are working!! She has gone from being almost unable to walk to running, riding her bike (which she has not done in a year), walking with her feet straight ahead and bouncing around like her old self. I had almost forgotten what normal walking looked like on her. She is enjoying every bit of it and has not stopped moving since Thursday. We even got to enjoy some mom and daughter shopping at the mall which was all but impossible even just a week ago.
We are so thankful to the Lord for hearing our prayers. God is good ALL the time, not just when things are going smoothly. We are thankful for our family and friends who have held us up during this absolutely gut wrenching time in our lives. Thank you for your phone calls and prayers and for letting us cry on your shoulders. Thanks Fisher, Riley and Jaxon for being patient with a sullen, anxiety ridden and often despondent Mom.
And thank you Dr. Michele Metrick at Emanuel Children's Hospital for coming up with Dopa-responsive Dystonia. You worked tirelessly on Riley's case and we wouldn't be this far without you.
2 comments:
YAY GOD!! I think that sums it all up Kell. My heart is so happy right now!!! love you gys!
I love watching miricles out my front window!!! PRAISE GOD!
Post a Comment