EMG
Riley had her big test today...she did great! She was loopy (thanks to the Versed) and funny and only had a few tears when the doctor was poking her with the needle and actually laughed when he shocked her muscles. The whole process took about two hours and the worst part for her was that she was hungry (she couldn't eat anything before the test and the test was at 11am). I had to laugh when the test was over and she looked in the doc's face and said "your next." So he obliged and let her "zap" him on the wrist and watch his hand jump around.
He found no problems with her muscles or nerves which rules out a lot of things like muscle disorders (MD and the like), nerve issues, etc. The next step is an MRI. He will be looking for cysts, tumors, brain and/or spinal cord issues (central nervous system stuff and a few peripheral nervous system things). At the top of his list is something called tethered spinal cord - where the bottom of the cord is caught in her tail bone and not able to detach as she grows. This would be fixed with spinal surgery. Other things include Cerebral Palsy but those are less likely.
While we don't have a diagnosis today I'm thrilled that a couple of the biggies are off the table. I'll update after the MRI.
1 comment:
I love my Riley Roo.
Thank you Jesus for her presence in our family and I pray that you protect her from the enemy through this process and that she remains the joyful, playful girl she is. May she come out of this stronger than ever. Amen.
Post a Comment