I love that in life you have certain friends who you can go without seeing for years and when you finally get back in touch it's like there never was a gap. Priceless. We went to the Davidson's house for Superbowl yesterday and until several months ago I hadn't seen them in 10 years. They moved to Corvallis, we moved to Scappoose, etc, etc. We caught up with them at our friend Roger's 40th birthday party (Roger is OLD) and it was just like old times.
So yesterday Jen (Jen, Craig and Kerren were there too), Sue and I sat around for four hours just chatting and catching up. Her kids, Brandon and Alli are now 21 and 17...they were my flower girl and ring bearer (Alli said she still has her dress!). I probably creeped Alli out because I couldn't stop staring at her. She is a mini Sue! It was like watching Sue 20 years ago. Oh the stories we told...apparently I once threw my nylons out the window of a car...I have no recollection of those events and I'm sure I NEVER would have done something that tacky!

Other highlights included Craig's mojitos, Sue's killer ribs and Jen with her mint LOL.
It's funny that while much changes, much stays the same. The bonds you make in life really do carry you through the years...can't you just hear Kenny Rogers in the background?
1 comment:
Sue and I have similar eyes in that pic...none! True though about old friends...and they truly are OLD. Good times.
Post a Comment