Feb 13, 2008

A CAUTIONARY TALE

Just one week ago I did the proverbial knocking on wood while bragging about not having ever been given a ticket. I've used that fact many times when my husband has criticized my driving..."Well, I must be doing something right, I've never had a ticket." I took great pride in that and of course you know what the bible says about pride...

So today, Wednesday, Feb 13th, 2008, 8:35am, the shoe dropped and I got my first ticket - my tags expired in December (yes, Jason, I know you told me to take care of that). So no more knocking on wood, no more high and mighty proclamations to my husband, no more gleeful thoughts of my driving prowess. It's the end of an era!

*Humourous side note: My ticket lists my weight as 130. Almost makes it worthwhile...almost.

4 comments:

j.q. said...

NOOOOOOOoooooo! That's coming out of your allowance. OR...send back those Valentine's flowers...that should cover the cost of that ticket.

:-)

Dave said...

Kelly... you and Shauna now have something else in common! She got the same ticket in 1992 for tags that expired more than 6 MONTHS before! But somehow... it was MY fault.

j.q. said...

SHAUNA and KELLY! Bad girls bad girls, whatcha gunna do...whatcha gunna do when they come for you?

Actually...i drove 2 years on expired tags in the Jetta with no ticket. I finally went to get DEQ'd to get tags and didn't pass. Went to get it fixed next day and got a ticket for expired tags. TWO years without a ticket...i finally decide to get'r done and this is how I am repaid?

I was licensed the next day...but it didn't matter to me...i already had the ticket.

--jqn

thefishernews said...

Ouch! bummer to hear about your ticket. I too have given my Husband a hard time for getting a ticket on HWY 30. I need to watch it :)